Hammock Hanging Tips
Check out your local hardware store with an image of the hammock. They can recommend the supplies you need, there are also some great kits available online that our clients have found helpful like this one.
It is important to hang your hammock swing at a safe height. If the ceiling is too high, you’ll have to extend the length of your hammock. Adjustable, secure ropes that don’t need tying are available online as an option. Here is an example of one:
Weight limits for swings:
Single baby swing (50lbs)
Double baby swing (100lbs)
Chair swing with wooden seat (180lbs)
Other Important safety information:
- Never leave your kid unattended inside the swing.
- Babies must be able to support their own weight.
- If you notice any damage on your swing, discontinue use.
- Test that the swing is hung safely before using.
- Never hang your hammock near an open flame or warmth source.
- Use responsibly.